Below we have listed a collection of articles and resources about specific industries and occupations. Take a look at the resources listed for your industry but also take a look at other industries where there may be growth and where you can do your job. It opens you up to more job opportunities.
Keep checking this page often for additional information or click here to be added to our subscription list.
- $5 million for Mississauga’s Koss Aerospace will create high-skilled jobs. Learn more about aerospace in Peel Halton. (January 2015)
- Aerospace is Canada’s largest R&D industry at $1.54 billion (February 2014)
- Canadian aerospace industry poised for growth (July 2014)
- For a list of aerospace companies in Canada, click here.
- Advanced Manufacturing: what is it? And did you know it’s a key sector in Peel Halton?
- Looking for a new job? When employment in Ontario dropped by 34,000 jobs, Advanced Manufacturing added 11,600 jobs.
- Career Possibilities
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) Training
- Research Centres on Aging
- Gilbrea Centre for Studies in Aging, McMaster University
- Sheridan Centre for Elder Research, Sheridan Institute of Technology and Advanced
- Institute for Life Course and Aging, University of Toronto
- R.B. Schlegel – University of Waterloo Research Institute for Aging
- Rotman Research Institute – Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care
- Ontario urging students to consider careers in agriculture-food sector (2015)
- Click here for a list of resources specific to agriculture in Peel Halton
- Agriculture Trends/Future Outlook
- Report confirms agriculture continues to drive Canadian economy (2012)
- Young people drawn to farming by income, job opportunities
- Ford Oakville adding 400 jobs to produce new SUV. (March 2015)
- Ford will make its GT ‘supercar’ at a Markham company, Multimatic, creating new jobs. (March 2015)
- GM to invest $450M in its Ingersoll, Ontario plant. (February 2015)
- Peel Region
- Ontario Ministry of Education: Child Care
- Canada Job Bank: Explore Careers by Occupation
- Child Care Human Resources Sector Council
- Canadian Child Care Federation
- Early Childhood Educators: Information for Internationally-Trained Professionals
- Canada’s cleantech industry is bigger than you think
- 7 clean technology projects receiving investments. One company in Mississauga.
- Clean technology sector worth $11.3 billion, could double to $25 billion & employ 116,000 people by 2022. (February 2015)
- Mississauga’s Economic Engine
- Bringing newcomers to Canada’s Bio-Economy (November 2013)
- Brampton Life Sciences
- Burlington Life Sciences
- Mississauga Life Sciences
- Oakville Life Sciences
- Salaries on the rise as Finance, Accounting and IT employers face recruiting and retention challenges.
- Home grown talent in demand (January 2014)
- Banking sector a key driver for city’s economy (November 2013)
- How technology is shaking up restaurant reservations, and profits: Globe & Mail. (March 2015)
- Canada’s restaurant industry added 31,300 new jobs in 2014, making it the country’s number one job creator. (February 2015)
- Restaurants Canada: The voice of foodservice.
- Halton Region: Food Safety for People Working in Food Services Information & List of Resources
- Food Safety for People Working in Food Services Information
- Peel Region: Food Handler Certification & HCareers: Hospitality Job Board
- AgScape (formerly Ontario Agri-Food Education Inc.)
- Careers in Food: Career Planning
- All about Food
- Food Processing HR Council
- Safe Food Canada
- Significance of the Food and Beverage Processing Industry in Canada
- Food manufacturing strong despite closures (March 2014)
- Food processing poised to become Ontario’s top industry (October 2013)
- Are you in the Food & Beverage industry? Mississauga has mapped this out for you.
- Greening the Economy: Transitioning to new careers
- Eco Job Boards
- Looking for a new job in 2015? Advanced manufacturing is hiring.
- Lower loonie will help manufacturing (February 2014)
- Ontario Made: Re-thinking manufacturing in the 21st century
- If you’re in manufacturing, read the 2014 Outlook Report. Great way to prep for an interview.
Non-Profit & Voluntary Sector
- Non-Profit and Voluntary Sector in Ontario
- Halton’s Nonprofit & Voluntary Sector Labour Force Study
- An Inventory of Registered Charities in Peel
- Halton Nonprofit Network
- Peel Leadership Centre
- Infographic: Ontario Non-Profit Sector
- Working in Non-Profit in Peel and Halton
Non-Profit Job Boards
Click here for a list of resources and programs if you are interested in a career in the skilled trades.
- Major projects increasing demand for construction workers in Ontario.
- 6 months in review: employers’ and job seekers’ activity report
- Outlook busy for construction industry in 2014 and beyond (January 2014)
- Construction Job Growth Forecast Across Most Regions of Ontario (February 2014)
- A looming skills gap threatens Ontario’s Future (Conference Board of Canada) (2014)
- Top 10 jobs in skilled trades
- 6 technology trends that will have the greatest impact on Canada in 2015. (December 2014)
- Cleantech & Healthcare (October 2013)
- Skills shortage a reality for Canada’s ICT sector (October 2013)
- Top 25 Canadian Up-And-Coming IT Startups has two companies in Peel!